We’ll admit it, we’re safety nerds. It’s what helped us be the first diner chain in Lebanon to acquire the ISO 22000 Food Safety Management System Certification.
Over 700 safety tests are conducted every year by certified, independent, third-party labs to detect harmful compounds or microorganisms in the materials we use and the environment we operate in. We also introduced a program called “Test, Hold, and Release”, which consists of pre-screening all our food items for microbiological, chemical, and quality attributes.
Only after “passing” the program do we add them to our menu.
It’s important we keep track of everything going on in our Central Kitchen & restaurants.
Here’s how we do it:
- 550 swabs of employees, surfaces, utensils and water are taken every year.
- Growth of yeasts and mold in our kitchens is monitored through air plates.
- All our processes are constantly monitored through at least 20 different control points.
Auditing is a kind of systematic inspection that ensures all our processes & procedures related to food safety and quality comply with specific requirements. In practice, it looks like this:
- 600 food safety and quality audits of all our restaurants and Central Kitchen are
- Every year, over 70 supplier audits are organized to make sure that only the safest raw materials of the highest quality are used and that our suppliers always comply with the strictest regulations and latest scientific knowledge.